Friday, September 17, 2010

Coffee Developer?!

A couple of days ago I found out that you can use coffee as a developer. So I been thinking about trying this coffee developer. I going to be using Ilford Delta 120 Black n' White film. I have looked at many websites on the developing film with coffee and they all mostly agree that the recipe below is the most successful.
First get a jar of instant coffee crystals at your local supermarket. Next head to the laundry detergent aisle and pick up a box of washing soda. That’s the stuff that will activate the developing agent, the caffeine in the instant coffee. With the wide variety of laundry materials available today, washing soda isn’t the big seller that it once was, but the larger chains will carry it. (Baking soda just won’t do.) That’s all you need. And here’s a recipe for making a half pint of developer, enough to process a roll of 35mm film in a typical developing tank.

Stir the ingredients until uniform, then develop film for 25 minutes, agitating every 30 seconds.

Once I develop the film use normal fixing process but they say you can use saltwater as a replacement to the fixer. But using saltwater takes more time then normal and it the time my be different with brands of film. so until then use the normal fixer. then I am going to scan the images in the computer and then print.


By Kasper Hettinga


by Megan

This formula will develop any silver-halide emulsion, but for best results you’ll need to experiment. This is so you can determine the optimum composition.

When I get the images I going to post the images on the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment